About Us – Thomas Neches & Company LLP

Thomas Neches & Company LLP (“TNC”) was formed on the first day of the twenty-first century.  During the past nineteen years, we have provided the highest quality forensic accounting services in more than 500 individual engagements.  Forensic accounting are services provided by accountants in the context of a legal proceeding, usually at the request of an attorney.  These services include, but are not limited to:

  • Determining a business’s lost profit, unjust enrichment, or lost business value in breach of contract and fraud cases
  • Determining an individual’s lost earnings in wrongful termination, personal injury and wrongful death cases
  • Piercing or defending the corporate veil in alter ego cases
  • Determining a reasonable royalty in intellectual property cases
  • Applying computer database and statistical techniques to employee payroll and time records to determine potential liability in California wage and hour class actions

 

Located in US Bank Tower in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, TNC’s practice primarily has concentrated on working with attorneys in Los Angeles County and Orange County.  However, our practice is nationwide, including engagements is which we were retained by attorneys in Bakersfield, Irvine, San Diego, San Francisco, Kansas City, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Washington, D.C. and New York.

Experienced Forensic Accounting Trial Testimony
90 percent of cases we have been involved in settle.  While our work often facilitates settlement, TNC almost always retained with the understanding that we may need to testify at deposition and/or trial regarding our findings and opinions.  Trial testimony is the single opportunity for a CPA to present his case.  To present accounting testimony in a manner that is clear and persuasive to the judge and jury, and to avoid falling into the cross-examination traps laid by opposing counsel, experience is vital.
Managing Partner Thomas Neches has provided CPA expert witness testimony at trial more than 90 times.  In 55 percent of these cases, Mr. Neches was retained by the plaintiff, while in the other 45 percent of cases Mr. Neches was retained by the defendant.  Venues in which Mr. Neches provided CPA expert witness testimony at trial include:

  • California Superior Court
    • Los Angeles County
    • Orange County
    • San Bernardino County
    • San Diego County
  • United States District Court
    • Central District of California
    • Eastern District of California
    • Northern District of California
    • Southern District of California
    • District of Nevada
    • District of Florida
    • Southern District of New York
    • Western District of Missouri
    • Western District of Kentucky
  • United States Bankruptcy Court
    • District of Arizona
    • District of Nevada
  • Alternative Dispute Resolution
    • American Arbitration Association
    • JAMS
    • Judicate West
    • NASD Dispute Resolution, Inc.

 

The types of cases in which Mr. Neches has testified include:

  • Antitrust
  • Breach of Contract
  • Business Valuation
  • Entertainment Industry
  • Fraud
  • Intellectual Property
  • Lender Liability
  • Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
  • Professional Malpractice
  • Real Property
  • Securities Fraud

 

Practice does not make perfect, but it usually makes things go better.  We have practiced.  Our experience in hundreds of engagements taught us how to do forensic accounting well.  Mr. Neches’ experience in testifying on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in courtrooms across the country taught him how to be an outstanding CPA expert witness.
Contact Forensic Accounting Experts Today
Ultimately, almost every civil litigation boils down to a dispute about money.  When you need a CPA expert witness to testify at trial about money, call Thomas Neches & Company LLP at 213-624-8150 for experts you can trust.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL THOMAS NECHES DIRECTLY AT 213.624.8150.

CONTACT US