What is Real Property?
Real property refers to the land and any property attached to it, such as buildings, structures, fixed equipment, and anything growing on the property. People often confuse real property with real estate, and while the two are similar, the difference is real property comes with a bundle of rights. This bundle of rights is often taken for granted or misunderstood.
What is the Real Property Bundle of Rights?
- The Right to Possess
- As the owner of the property, you have the right to occupy the premises.
- The Right to Control
- The owner has the right to determine what is done with the property and what others are allowed to do with it, within legal limits.
- The Right to Enjoyment
- As the owner of the property, you have the right to do what you want on your property, within legal limits, without the harassment or interference of others.
- The Right to Exclusion
- If you own the property, you have the right to determine who is permitted on the premises.
- The Right to Disposition
- The property owner has the right to transfer the property to another party, either temporarily or permanently.
Why You Want an Expert Witness in a Real Property Case
There are numerous reasons why you would want a CPA expert witness to provide expert testimony when you are dealing with cases involving real property. Cases involving real property often include issues, such as property tax appeals and estate tax returns. These can be complex documents, and having a CPA expert witness from Thomas Neches & Company LLP be able to review these financial documents could determine the outcome of your case.
Representative Real Property Engagements
|Side||Case Number||Case Name||Attorney||Law Firm||Testify|
|Def||744099||City of Anaheim v. Sony Corporation of America, et al.||Michael T. Williams||Andrews & Kurth||Depo|
|Pln||RCV047514||Michael R. Smits v. James T. Lukens||Brian S. Kabateck||Quisenberry & Kabateck||Depo|
|Def||BC193377||2404 Wilshire Ltd. v. Allright Cal., Inc.||Jeffrey H. Dasteel||Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom||Depo|
|Pln||660132||Warner-West, Ltd. v. Alpha Beta Company||Matt Pero||Thorpe and Thorpe||Depo / Trial|
|Pln||BC532950, BC529916||Donna L. Kaplan v. Jeffrey A. Kaplan, et al.||Luan K. Phan||PB Law Group, LLP||Depo / Trial|
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL THOMAS NECHES DIRECTLY AT 213.624.8150.CONTACT US